- 3/4c oat flour [ground from rolled oats/steel cut/oat groats]
- 3/4c sweet rice flour
- 1/4c coconut flour
- 1T organic sugar
- 1t baking soda
- 1 1/2t baking powder
- 2t cinnamon
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1/8 t allspice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c applesauce
- 1 c apple cider
- ~1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 375′.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the oat flour, sweet rice flour, coconut flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice (you could use apple pie spice instead of the different spices if you have it on hand).
3. In a larger bowl, mix together the egg, applesauce and apple cider.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until combined. If the batter is too thick, add ~1/4c unsweetened almond milk to thin it out.
5. Spray a donut pan (or muffin tin) with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with additional sugar to coat.
6. Spoon the batter into the donut pan (or fill a plastic bag with the batter, cut off the corner and pipe in).
7. Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
We didn’t add any additional sugar to the top – just what was in the pan, but you can definitely melt some butter and top with additional cinnamon + sugar, or make a glaze with powdered sugar + apple cider. Whatever way you choose, you will enjoy these and be baking them up all Autumn long :).