I did a “things that make me smile” post a few months back, and I figured it was about time for a new one! I always like to look back and see how my tastes/preferences change unintentionally!
2. Pinterest. Except when people refer to it as “pin-interest”. Where’s the extra “in” coming from?! I did the workout in the below right hand corner of the screen last night and it was a great little cross training session!
3. My new shoes! Zappos would also be on the list since they surprisingly gave me free 2 day shipping and they were waiting for me on the front porch when I got home! I’m ready to tackle my run tomorrow morning with them ;).
4. Spending $60 to get private port-o-johns and close-up parking (for two people). Oh the things runners do on race day :). I saw the Platinum Package for the Nashville Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon and figured it would save a bunch of anxiety to get it. Come race day, I’m know we’ll be happy!
This package includes:
- Guaranteed Parking at LP Field
- Private Shuttle to the Start Line
- Access to the Platinum Tent in the Start Line Village
- Catered pre-race refreshments
- Private Gear Check
- Private Port-o-Johns
5. Yoga Body Bootcamp. Still LOVING going to this class every week! It’s always challenging and I always leave it as a sweaty mess.
6. Desserts from Outpost. Outpost is a local coop in Milwaukee… and they have freshly baked gluten free desserts in their bakery! My favorites are the zucchini cupcake with the most delicious cream cheese frosting (pictured below) and their individual pound cakes. So good, and a fantastic treat that we can actually eat and doesn’t have to be baked at home! Their carrot cake birthday cakes are absolutely delicious as well!
7. The Hunger Games Movie! I first read these books last summer after getting a recommendation from a friend and was hooked! I read all three books back to back and recently read through them all again. I’m glad there’s only a little more than a month until the movie comes out! I’ll hopefully be seeing this within the first week it’s in theaters :). I’m also slightly obsessed with the song Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift. Totally didn’t know it was from the Hunger Games soundtrack when I first heard it.
8. Grain-free Bran Muffins from Elena’s Pantry (photo and recipe are from her blog!). Sister just put a batch of these in the oven and they look delicious. I can’t wait to try one because they smell absolutely heavenly!
Well, I think eight random ramblings are plenty for one night ;).
What things are you all enjoying lately?