Can you believe it’s yet another Meatless Monday?! This was the first real ‘weekend‘ after starting my new job so it was even more enjoyable – and even more depressing that it was Monday! Although knowing there was a delicious dinner in store for tonight helped – except not when I found myself snack-less and hungry this afternoon! We had a latin-inspired dish tonight that was taken from an idea in Appetite for Reduction, an awesome vegan cookbook. Changes were made, per usual, and it was delectable.
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 small (or one large from the garden!) cut into 1/4″ cubes
- 8 kalamata olives
- chili powder & cumin, to taste
- 1/2T lime juice
- 1/4c salsa verde
- salt, to taste
- brown rice tortillas (or your favorite tortilla/wrap)
1. Cook lentils either on the stovetop or in a rice cooker.
2. Saute zucchini in a little olive oil (or on a nonstick pan) over medium-high heat.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and cook until heated through.
Serve on tortillas (like tacos) or serve with tortilla wedges for dipping!
You could add anything else you’d like on top as well – such as tomatoes, lettuce, more salsa… pretty much anything you’d put on a taco you can put on here. So good. I loved the bites with the olives ;). Such a delicious dinner after a hectic Monday!