Remember last month when I made Sugar Cookie Dough Almond Butter? The almond butter only lasted a couple of weeks, but knew it was going to have to be made again! I’ve also always wanted to make homemade nutbutter cups. So, combining the Sugar Cookie Dough Almond Butter along with chocolate in a bite sized candy? Sign me up!
The first step includes making a batch of the nutbutter of your choice (or using something already prepared). This time is was Sugar Cookie Dough Cashew Butter with confetti colored sprinkles – mmm :).
Then you’ve got to pick the almond bark/chocolate of your choice and melt away. Even though it’s not real chocolate, we used almond bark because of the ease in melting – but next time I definitely want to try it with dark chocolate!
Layer chocolate – cashew butter – chocolate in a small cupcake wrapper and top with sprinkles (or topping of your choice – nuts, sea salt, nothing at all). And then allow to cool. The almond bark cooled nicely at room temperature, but sticking these in the freezer is definitely not a bad idea either!
Sugar Cookie Dough Cashew Butter Cups
- 1/2 batch Sugar Cookie Dough Cashew Butter
- 1/2 block of almond bark or 1/2 bag chocolate chips (or another melting chocolate)
- Using a small cupcake pan, place a cupcake wrapper in each section.
- Fill the bottom of each wrapper with a small scoop of chocolate – just enough to coat.
- Dollop a teaspoon of your cashew butter on top of the chocolate base.
- Cover with another small scoop of chocolate.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Allow to cool and then ear/serve!
We made these to bring with us and share and they were a definite hit! We didn’t come back with a single cup.
It’s hard not to love chocolate + nutbutter mixed together. It’s my weakness ;).