Happy National Pancake Day, everybody! I do love pancakes and always find an excuse to make them every week. I had grand plans this past weekend to make this new recipe we’ve been loving, but we ended up making it Friday night for our pre-run carbo-loading and needless to say the natural lighting was not present.
Anyways, if you wish to celebrate this day of pancakes, here are a listing of the pancake recipes I’ve made on the blog – as well as some of my favorite toppings!
Gingerbread Pancakes (yes, I know gingerbread is a seasonal flavor, but these should be eaten all year round they’re so good!)
If you’re looking for something simpler, Gluten Free Bisquick is definitely my favorite. We first discovered in Hawaii! Although they’re not quite as good back on the mainland without Lilikoi syrup ;).
Sick of just topping your pancakes with syrup? I don’t know how anyone could get tired of syrup, but here are some other awesome combinations to either put on top of the pancakes, or in the batter.
- Coconut butter + blueberries
- Mixing in toasted millet + buckwheat groats + chia to the batter (love the crunch!)
- Yogurt + granola
- Banana + honey (you could even get fancy and caramelize the banana)
- Chocolate chips + peanut butter
- Spinach (blend in to the eggs and you’ve got GREEN pancakes!)
- Blueberry jam + cottage cheese (new favorite!)
- Yogurt + banana + coconut
- Chocolate chips + strawberries
- Pumpkin + toasted pecans
- Lemon poppyseed flavored (put in a little lemon juice/extract and poppyseeds)
(Thanks, Sister for quite a few of these ideas 😉 )
Pancakes have always been one of my favorite meals – breakfast, lunch or dinner. Some things definitely do not change!