I’ve got to be quite honest here, I’m not a huge fan of Football. Yes, last year when the Packers were playing I did enjoy the game (when I was paying attention anyways). The marketer in me more so enjoys the commercials ;). I am definitely hoping that they’re better than last year – they were so disappointing!
Jury’s still out on whether I’ll tune in on Sunday, but either way I think I’ll be making some snacks to eat throughout the day! I put these recipes together as a Christmas/NYE treat as a guest post on another blog, but never got around to reposting them here! I thought they were quite fitting with the Super Bowl, or really any snack-filled day!
Gluten Free Taco Dip
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1T, or roughly half a packet of gluten free taco seasoning (look to avoid “wheat flour” as an ingredient)
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Salsa of your choice
- Beat together the softened cream cheese, plain greek yogurt and the taco seasoning until thoroughly mixed.
- Layer on a serving plate and top with lettuce, cheese, salsa and any other ingredients you like such as olives or jalapenos – yum!
- Serve with gluten free tortilla chips (a majority of tortilla chips are made with 100% corn – naturally gluten free!).
Gluten Free BBQ Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- Gluten free BBQ sauce (Saz’s is delicious)
- Cut chicken into roughly 24 pieces (I did 6 rows of 4 cut in the container to make it simple).
- Roll into little balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer into a pot on the stove and add in as much bbq sauce as you’d like.
- Warm up the sauce with the meatballs and serve warm! These would keep nice and warm in a crock pot or a small fondue dish.