Now don’t get me wrong, I would eat pretty much any type of cookie I could get my hands on. Especially if there’s chocolate. Or frosting. And sprinkles. Anyways, I know cookie recipes really have been taking over my blog lately, what with my 12 days of cookies before Christmas, but these are not Christmas cookies. These are every day and any day cookies.
The best cookie, in my honest opinion, are cakey chocolate chip cookies. Ever since childhood these have been by far my favorite, but I was never successful in making them. They would always turn out too flat, too buttery tasting, I could never get it right.
Little did I know that I would finally find a way to make my favorite kind of chocolate chip cookie while being gluten free. You mean gluten free cookies don’t have to be dry, hard rocks? No, no they do not. I’m not sure if regular bisquick would result in the same type of cookie, but there is just something about the gluten free bisquick that I am just a little obsessed with. Betty Crocker, please feel free to send me unlimited supplies of gluten free bisquick. I will send you some cookies in return. Thank you.
World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free bisquick
- 1t xanthan gum
- 1/2t baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- scant 1/4c brown sugar
- scant 1/4c organic sugar
- 1t salt
- 2t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (I used egg whites this time because we were out of real eggs!)
- 1c+ chocolate chips (Guittard semi sweet)
1. Cream the butter and sugar together.
2. Add in the salt, vanilla and eggs.
3. Once that is mixed together, add in the baking soda and bisquick until everything is combined.
4. Add in the chocolate chips.
5. Scoop into larger scoops and place onto a parchment covered baking sheet.
6. Bake in 350* oven for 12-14 minutes, flipping halfway through.
*Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I am still shocked with how delicious these cookies are. I will never go back.