I usually always have a few things that I look forward to each and every day. Whether it be random products or websites, or (obviously) different foods and beverages. Here are a few of my favorite things right now:
1. Iced Coffee (and Coffee in general). I had stopped drinking coffee over the summer because I was getting a little too much sleep and therefore I was unable to fall asleep when I wanted to some nights. Thank you working and getting up between 4:30 and 5:30 every morning to justify my daily coffee habit! I am especially enjoying the iced variety – making it (or making meanie sister make it) the night before and keeping it in the fridge overnight. Morning perfection!
2. My new Michael Kors sunglasses that were FREE. That conference I worked at a couple of weeks ago in Sonoma? I walked away with three pairs of Michael Kors sunglasses + a pair of Coach. I love the look of the coach by themselves, but they don’t look as good on my face… but I will definitely wear them at some point in the future :). And the best thing about the MK ones? I got TWO pairs of the style I like! One in black and one in red. I haven’t worn the red ones out yet, but oh, their day is coming!
3. Babycakes – I have never been to Babycakes, but I am counting down the days until my Disney 1/2 Marathon in January so I can stop over at the Downtown Disney Babycakes location! I had been a bit skeptical as to whether or not I would like their gluten free goodies since I am not a fan of Bob’s Red Mill mix – but this past weekend I had a gluten free cupcake with the same ingredients and it was FANTASTIC. I think me not liking the mix had more to do with me not wanting to add a lot of sugar and oil to make the baked goodies taste good with the different flours. I also would not mind a trip to Sweet Freedom Bakery. Maybe a weekend trip to Philly is in order?!
4. Crosby. Hard not to love him. Especially when he is so sweet and cuddly most days. He also has an obsession with coming along with us everywhere we go on the weekends… he just can’t be alone! It is also his birthday on Monday… hmm what to do, what to do?
5. Postcards from friends in amazing places. Aloha from Hawaii! One of my good friends from college took a teaching job out there and I got a postcard in the mail from her today! I should really work on sending her something back – and I also really want to try and figure out a time to see her when I go to Hawaii in November. Unfortunately I will be going to two different islands than the one she’s on, but we’ll see if something will work out!
6. Phone calls that make me laugh. First, this one was more of a chuckle than a laugh but a grown woman said “duuuh” to me on the phone today… turns out SHE was the one who did not know what she was talking about… hmm so I was laughing more about her than with her ;). Another one? Well, referring back to #3 and #4, Crosby is one lucky pup. He is getting a custom-made gluten free cake made. Yes, he gets a small piece (he absolutely loves it), and the rest is for us! Bahaha. So I was talking to the bakery and we were going through the decorations. Male or Female? Male. Adult or Child? Child (snicker). Decorations? We have swirls and dots, balloons, rainbows? (Me talking to Kinley – they could do rainbows – couldn’t hold in my laughter and the guy on the phone was laughing with me too). Oh any poor boy who would get a cake with a RAINBOW on it… this little guy is getting blue and green swirls and dots. He’s excited.
7. Cake Batter Cashew Butter. Can you tell I have birthdays on my brain? I immediately ran to the grocery list and added “cashews” and “sprinkles”. Yup, definitely making some this weekend for a special birthday breakfast ;).
A random thing I missed today?
Ice skating. I figure skated for 8ish years when I was younger and for some reason I just really wanted to lace up my skates and go! Unfortunately it’s a wee bit hot out for that… ;). I got my butt kicked by sister instead for my second “personal training session”.
What things are making YOU happy today??