Kinley and I took a trip to New York City this past January. I loved it. I have always loved big cities and this was my first time in NYC – although it had been a longtime ambition of mine to get there. It’s actually quite funny now, we decided to eat vegetarian when we were there in order to help with cost savings – and now that’s all we do :). We ended up finding a bunch of really good restaurants even without pre-planning anything. We had a couple stops in mind, but those were mainly for cupcakes. One night we were really struggling to find something to eat was the night we went to see a show on Broadway, American Idiot. We were walking around and around and could only find expensive prix fixe meals that didn’t even sound good! Luckily, on probably our tenth loop around on side streets, we stumbled upon a small Italian Bistro. I forget the name of it (I do have their business card somewhere), but I remember it was extremely delicious food. I had some sort of pasta dish but Kinley had a pizza that was to die for. And what was even more to die for than her meal pizza? Dessert pizza of course. Pizza Crust + Nutella + Marshmallows. We changed it up a bit due to ingredients we had on hand, but the variability of this idea is what will make anyone happy :).
Dessert Pizza makes 1 pizza
- 1 gluten-free wrap (or a whole wheat wrap, I used Sami’s Millet & Flax Lavosh)
- 1T nut butter (or a serving of PB2)
- ~1T mini chocolate chips
- 4-5 dandies vegan marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350′.
2. Pre-bake the crust for a couple of minutes, if desired.
3. Top crust with your desired pizza toppings.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until nut butter is warm and marshmallows have melted. You could also use a broiler to help the marshmallows puff up a bit ;).
Mine was PB2 – Kinley’s was Raw Almond Butter. Both were incredibly delicious. To make it even more like the original, break out that Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter.
There will be more of these in the future. Many, many more.