What’s better than an easy to throw together pizza for dinner on my first day of work? Nothing that I can think of anyways. I think I’ll put together a post of my favorite things at work so far tomorrow, but I want to keep tonight’s post relatively nice + simple. And oh hey, it’s Monday so it’s time for another Meatless Monday idea! Remember my Veggie Fried Rice or my Meatless Monday on the Grill? Well, it’s just gotten a whole lot simpler!
Without having gluten in my diet, pizza is one thing that I have missed, especially for busy days where all I feel like is ordering up a delivery pizza. Luckily, I found Sami’s Bakery. Their Millet & Flax goodies are absolutely delicious and there is a store nearby that carries a lot of their products, such as bread, bagels, wraps and PIZZA CRUST! They come frozen so I can have them on hand at any time. Now, it’s not exactly like regular pizza crust, but it’s not extremely thin either, which I think a lot of gluten free crusts end up being. And I am not a thin-crust kind of girl, I much prefer the hand-tossed variety. Well, no matter what crust you end up getting you can still make a delicious vegetarian (and even vegan!) pizza on a busy meatless Monday in your home! (Or even as a late-night pizza snack if that’s what you’re up for.)
BBQ Chick’n Pizza
- bbq sauce (such as Bone Suckin’ Sauce)
1. Prepare your crust accordingly.
2. Drain the chickpeas and toss in some bbq sauce. Also spread some extra bbq sauce on the crust itself.
3. Top the pizza with the chickpeas + bbq sauce and the rest of your toppings. Why the random toppings on this pizza? Well our garden is just flourishing!
4. Feel free to top with any cheese or non-dairy cheese, or even just some nutritional yeast. I ate it as-is and it was extremely delicious!
5. Bake according to your crust directions until done (pretty exact, I know 😉 ).
Other topping options?
- pizza sauce (Trader Joe’s)
- fried eggs (no, I am not kidding)
You can really have fun with this meal, especially if you have friends or kids around. Just have a handful of toppings and sauces available for them to be able to choose their own combination!