Around three weeks ago now, I shared with you an easy peasy meatless monday meal with the thought that I would attempt to do a dinner every Monday that highlighted something easy, meat-free and delicious so you can celebrate Meatless Monday as well! Well, three weeks passed and I never gave a second thought to it – whoops. Obviously there was the 4th of July that was distracting and who knows what was happening last Monday haha (actually it was the day after Kinley’s 1/2 so I think our minds were both somewhere else!). Thanks to Kinley for remembering my original plan, I am back at it this Monday! Well, I should say she is back at it since she made dinner last night after a quick bike ride to the grocery store to pick up a few items.
The best part about this meal? It only requires a handful of ingredients that are easy to have on hand for any quick weeknight meal. And not only a few ingredients, but CHEAP ingredients!
Grilled Baked Bean Potatoes
- baked potatoes
- vegetarian baked beans
- nutritional yeast (a cheesy tasting topping found in the health food aisle – it might look scary, but it’s delicious!)
- salad (or other vegetable)
- any other baked potato toppings you desire
1. Preheat your grill and wrap the (washed) potatoes in aluminum foil.
2. Bake on the grill for about an hour, moving around occasionally until baked through. Take off the grill.
3. Heat up the baked beans on the stovetop.
4. Unwrap the baked potatoes and place on a plate. Cut a slit in the top and fill with nutritional yeast and the baked beans (or you can eat on the side if you wish). Serve with a salad or any other side vegetable – possibly one from your garden!
You can obviously make a ton of alterations to this idea. Different beans, vegetables, bbq sauce, ketchup, earth balance, salt, etc.
And since the grill is heated up already, you might as well put on a few Chocolate Marshmallow Stuffed Grilled Bananas for dessert.