I love summer cookouts. I believe that almost everything tastes better from a grill. However, up until last week, I had never attempted even turning on the grill by myself, but I am happy that I did since I had the most delicious sweet potatoes come off of it. Sometimes after a warm, summery day all you want it a frozen dessert, such as banana soft serve, but on nights when the air is cool and you feel more like sitting around a fire than jumping in the pool, a warm dessert is where it’s at. Especially when it can be made on the grill.
The below is only a suggestion, feel free to change up any of the fillings/toppings to suite your taste.
Chocolate Marshmallow Stuffed Grilled Bananas makes 1 serving
- 1 banana
- 1-2T chocolate chips
- 5-6 marshmallows (vegan or mini)
1. Cut a slit into the banana on the inside curvy side (consult picture).
2. Stuff with desired toppings and wrap in aluminum foil.
3. Place on the grill for 5-10 minutes until the banana is warm and the chocolate and marshmallow have melted.
4. Make sure to take out of the peel before eating! You can also top with some ice cream, whipped cream, nut butter… In our case, we put a dollop of Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter.
Other possible additions: Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, coconut, white chocolate chips, etc.
You (and your guests) will be sure to go bananas over this delicious grilled dessert.